“Design is just a language. First, you need to know what to say”
– I always say.
Brand influence™ strategy is how you get there.
If you’ve been following me long enough you know we need to tackle your Brand Influence™ strategy first. Once we do that, we know exactly what we want to say and can use design as our communication tool.
Because this is what design is: a communication tool.
Without a clear message, you won’t make an impact with design.
There are plenty of brands out there that are designed beautifully but have no substance.
They don’t connect with their audience on a subconscious level. Sometimes, they don’t connect with them much at all.
As long as I am here, I won’t let your brand be one of those beautiful brands without substance.
Your brand is going to be one of these few who are so captivating people say:
“I don’t know why but I feel attracted to everything they put out there”.
Yes, this is what you want people to say about your brand. That they don’t know why, but they are attracted. This means you’ve tapped into their subconscious mind and touched their emotions. You’ve connected with them on a level of their intuition. This is the strongest connection you can possibly make.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So if any of these sound like you…
- your brand doesn’t reflect your business well,
- you feel a big disconnection in your brand,
- you built a business but not a brand,
- you want to become KNOWN in your industry and really claim the leader status,
- you can’t get out of your head and build a strong, purposeful and influential brand,
- you keep questioning yourself and how you should show up,
- you want to attract people who will become loyal fans of your brand and not just buy from you… ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
You want to read till the end and steal our secret brand strategy formula!
How do you make your brand irresistible?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Since 2016 I and my team have worked with top influencers and small businesses all over the world and we found design alone just DOESN’T WORK. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- you need to look at your brand holistically
- dig deep enough to understand it and your audience
- find a way to connect with them, create a brand experience that communicates what you’re about at every step of the way
- be able to EMBODY your brand and become a powerful and CONFIDENT creative director, so you know how to grow your brand consistently and *really* gain momentum ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
That’s THE ONLY WAY to build a strong brand with substance, purpose and personality that will allow you to STAND OUT, attract your ideal audience and build brand loyalty.
That’s a way to make your vision BIGGER and your message stronger.
But first, need to understand what desires do your clients have in relation to your brand and speak directly to them.
It’s all about psychology and our unconscious mind.
During the 10+ years of my career working as a designer for brands like Jimmy Choo and River Island, I saw how important it is to speak to your client’s DESIRE. Everything those brand did was just that. From their brand positioning to products their offer, their copywriting, visuals, websites and even marketing strategy. But it’s not easy! You need to create a consistent brand and know what to do to achieve it, step by step.
I was probably a little too obsessed with it, and so…
I immersed myself in the power of psychology and I learned everything I could about the way our brains work, how we make judgments, gain trust and form relationships and most importantly: how to use this to your advantage. Over the years I invested probably over £30k (that’s like $40k) in training, read over 50+ books and spent countless hours learning and mastering this skill… But it’s ready for you to use to get an unfair advantage over other brands out there who are still struggling to stand out.
Welcome to A.D.O.R.E.™ formula that we’ve been using to elevate brands and make them absolutely irresistible since 2016.
ASSESS your brand
Before doing anything else you really need to Assess your current brand and business strategy to see where are the opportunities, what you need to improve and what you need to do to get the best results.
You also need to understand how your brand is positioned in the market and in relation to other brands in your niche.
I know there’s a saying “community over competition” and it has its purpose: I do believe we should support each other and there’s a place for everyone in the market.
Having said that, you need to know what makes you different and what’s your unique take on your niche. We all have it, but often it’s not easy for us to see because we’re too close to it, lost objectivity and need a fresh perspective.
Our formula helps you work through the brand assessment, look at the things you probably never looked at before and ask yourself some tough questions that will bring clarity and focus.
Some things to ask yourself here:
- What are your intentions for branding? What do you hope to achieve? How do you want to change your business thanks to this?
- How are you going to measure success? How will you know this process has helped you do that?
- What are the top 3 struggles in your business right now?
- Have you ever surveyed your audience? If so, how do they see your brand?
- Which social media platforms work best for you and why?
- Knowing your niche, on a scale from 1 (as most affordable and approachable) to 10 (most exclusive, premium and expensive), where is your brand currently positioned? Do you want it to stay that way?
- Are you planning on adding new offers, retiring old ones or editing existing ones?
- What are your main competitors?
- What do you think they are doing right, and why?
- What do you think they are doing WRONG, and why?
- How do your competitors position their brands? Affordable? Premium?
- Do they serve the same niches, groups of people?
- What is your audience size?
- Is your audience engaged? Do they comment on your posts, message you, reply to your emails?
- If you promote to them, what is your usual conversion rate?
- How much traffic do you get to your website monthly?
- How do you promote your brand?
- Recovering your lost orders: what is your strategy and recovery rate?
- Instagram –> Your website and sales: how do you drive traffic to your products from Instagram?
- Your marketing /content strategy: what is it?
DEFINE YOUR BRAND INFLUENCE™ STRATEGY
A.D.O.R.E.™ formula step #2 is CRUCIAL.
Once you understand what is unique about your brand, how it sits within the market and among other brands in your niche, how is it positioned, you can create a Brand Influence™ Strategy that will help you inject brand personality into your brand and attract ideal customers and clients.
The influence strategy is all about defining:
- what are their values and brand’s purpose,
- what are their ideal customers values and brand’s purpose,
- where their brand values and customers values merge,
- what is their ideal customer’s main desire as it relates to their brand (this will help us figure out their Brand Archetype),
- what is their brand’s outlook on their niche and business, what are its opinions? (this will help us figure out their unique differentiation factor),
- what is their unique brand’s tone of voice and messaging,
- what’s their brand story,
- what is their brand’s visual theme that best represents their strategy,
- how are we going to apply the psychology-driven brand strategy to all the aspects of their business to elevate their entire brand.
Our whole brand influence strategy is based on the brand story we develop with our clients. It’s not a story of you and how you started your business (or what happened before you did), although sometimes it might overlap with your brand story.
It’s a story of your clients and customers – where they are and what they struggle with. It’s a story of how your brand acts as a guide to help them overcome these challenges and get where they want to be.
OUTLINE YOUR BRAND EXPERIENCE
Ever wondered what makes some brands simply irresistible and full of personality, while others – even if stylish – boring, out of place or somehow broken?
It’s all about the experience. A.D.O.R.E.™ formula is all about the brand experience.
A brand is an experience.
But what really makes an experience? Is it your customer service? Or your packaging? Or the user experience on your website?
It’s all of that and more, actually.
Once you’re crystal clear on your brand positioning, personality and differentiation, you’re able to translate that into an experience.
If you have an existing brand, list all the steps in your current experience first.
How do your customers experience your brand right now?
What happens, step by step, from the moment they hear about you to when they become a loyal customer and beyond?
This could look like:
- My customers see the Instagram add.
- They click the add and view my Facebook store.
- They click the item and are taken to our website.
- They add item to checkout.
- They pay.
- They get email confirmation.
- They receive the parcel and the “Thank you” note inside.
- After 2 weeks of receiving the parcel, they get an email asking them to leave a review.
- They leave a review.
Now how can you make it more in line with your brand story?
For example, if your brand archetype is the Girl Next Door then you’re big on creating a community. Why not make sure all your customers are invited to one and engage there?
Or, if you’re a Creator, maybe you can give your customers and clients a way to express themselves by having a quiz on your website that will help them figure out their style and present a curated list of products for them?
Those are just a few ideas on how you can inject your brand personality and tell your story through your experience.
When you do it right, your brand instantly stands out and created brand loyalty, which means your customers not only come back for more, but become ambassadors that help you grow your brand.
RE-DESIGN YOUR BRAND EXPERIENCE
Our A.D.O.R.E.™ formula step 3 is really important.
You now know what your Brand Personality is and how you want it to be perceived.
But which elements of our brand need to be re-designed (or designed from scratch) to create a consistent experience?
Which elements are crucial to build this perception of our brand?
Here is where you’re going to pull out the Map your customer experience exercise we’ve sent you in our last email. We asked you to map out all the steps people take from the moment they see your brand for the first time, to the moment they buy.
Now write down all the brand touchpoints you need for a consistent brand experience.
For example, if people find you on Pinterest first, then you need a branded Pin. If they then sign up for your email list, you need a newsletter. If you sell physical products, you need product photos or videos, packaging and a Thank You note.
Go ahead and write down all the things people will see when they go through your brand experience.
These are your brand touchpoints – things you need to (re)design for a maximum impact and consistent brand.
This could look like:
- My customers see the Instagram ad – Instagram Ad
- They click the add and view my Facebook store – Product photos and descriptions
- They click the item and are taken to our website – website design, product photography
- They add item to checkout – simple and strategically designed checkout
- They pay – simple payment process
- They get email confirmation – email design
- They receive the parcel and the “Thank you” note inside – packaging design + Thank You note
- After 2 weeks of receiving the parcel, they get an email asking them to leave a review – email design
- They leave a review.
Find the right colors and styles for your brand
Colors make us feel a certain way and send a message to our subconscious mind without us realising it. That’s why it’s super important to understand how they work and what colors will be best for your brand.
It’s not about you picking the colors you like most – it’s about picking colors that will emphasise your brand personality and evoke feelings you want your brand to be associated with.
Depending on your Brand Archetype, those could be totally different. That’s why we prepared Pinterest boards and examples of other brands for all Brand Archetypes, so you can get inspired.
EMBODY YOUR BRAND
The last, but NOT least step of our formula. So what you have a solid brand strategy in place and a brand new look? You need to know how to embody your brand. How to communicate it to your team. How to start showing up differently. Without that, everything else is useless. See, when you want a change, you need to be able to become different first and start showing up as the person you’d like to be. Without being clear on how to do it and having support along the way you’ll struggle even with the best brand design and fancies website.
That’s why we always give our clients 2 months worth of coaching calls where they get feedback, support and become confident Creative Directors of their brand.
Because is what Brand Elevation is all about: you becoming a confident Brand Creative Director.
No more guessing.
No more doubts.
No more questioning your moves.
Just clarity, confidence and purpose.
A.D.O.R.E.™ formula combined with strategy and all the assets we create for you along the way makes you unstoppable.
There you have it. Our signature A.D.O.R.E.™ formula to elevate your brand. Thanks to this formula you’ll get clarity and focus, position your brand as irresistible, align your copywriting and visuals to your brand personality, create an irresistible brand experience and become a confident creative director of your brand.
Are you trying to create an irresistible brand?
Let us know in the comments below.